Executive director, product, The New York Times
New York – 2022 to present
- Product lead of the Publishing group, which is responsible for content management and publishing systems at The New York Times. Teams within Publishing own article authoring and editing, home screen production, newsletter and push notification creation, personalization workflows, photo and video editing and management, content tagging, and core platforms and capabilities.
Product director, The New York Times
New York – 2020 to 2022
- Product lead for Scoop Tools, a group of teams responsible for designing and building applications that power home screen production, newsroom workflow management, article authoring and editing, and newsletter and push notification creation.
- Led an initiative to reimagine the home screen (on the web and native apps), rework how the newsroom produces it, and revamp the underlying platforms and technologies that power it.
Senior product manager, The New York Times
New York – 2019 to 2020
- Product lead for two teams: one building Oak, a web application used by the newsroom to edit and publish articles (read more here); and another responsible for the architecture and expressive capabilities of New York Times article pages across platforms (web, apps, off-platform).
Product manager + design lead, The New York Times
New York – 2016 to 2019
- Product and design lead for Oak, a new story creation and editing tool.
- Design lead for Scoop, the content management system used within the Times to produce and publish the paper, online and in print.
Director of reader experience, Atavist
New York – 2013 to 2016
- Designed and developed beautiful reading experiences for users of Atavist’s web publishing platform.
- Collaborated on the design and development of Atavist’s innovative CMS, which allows users to create stories by piecing together flexible content blocks.
- Contributed art direction and story design to The Atavist Magazine, a 2015 winner of the National Magazine Award.
Founding editor, Bklynr
New York — 2012 to 2015
- Founded an online publication dedicated to telling in-depth stories about Brooklyn, named the borough’s best longform website by The L Magazine.
- Designed and built Bklynr’s subscription-based website.
- Oversaw the twice-monthly production of Bklynr by recruiting writers, editing stories, designing issue layouts, and occasionally contributing.
- Created “Block by Block, Brooklyn’s Past and Present,” an interactive map representing the year of construction of Brooklyn’s 320,000-odd buildings, which was included in The Best American Infographics 2014.
User education specialist, Google
New York – 2012 to 2013
- Worked with the Google Drive product, marketing, and design teams to make Drive easier to learn and use.
- Wrote Google Drive’s help materials and kept them up to date, easy to understand, and nice to look at.
Technical account manager, Google
New York – 2011 to 2012
- Provided consultative support to top-tier publishers that use Google’s DoubleClick suite of ad serving products.
- Designed and helped build internal Google tools and sites.
Editorial fellow, Talking Points Memo
New York – 2010
- Maintained and helped develop TPM PollTracker, a web application that aggregated and organized results from political polls conducted nationwide.
- Wrote dozens of stories about political polling and trends uncovered by public opinion surveys.
- Experience with web development best practices, including responsive design, accessible design, and approaches to measuring and improving performance
- Experience working with a number of developer tools, technologies, and services, including Git, GitHub, Webpack, Node, NPM, AWS, GCP, Firebase, and others
- Proficiency with React
- Experience building WordPress sites and working knowledge of PHP
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch
New York – Class of 2011
- B.A. in English and political science
- Graduated summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa